Friday, September 23, 2011

Vampire Diaries 3.02: "The Hybrid" review!

Jack freaking Coleman.

Otherwise known as HRG or Noah Bennett from the cult science fiction series "Heroes".

And let me tell you.... he still does creepy better than anyone.

I have to say, I have been a constant Klaus fan since Joseph Morgan showed up at the end of last season... but if Caroline's dad is going to stick around for a while, I'm pretty sure that Jack Coleman is going to channel creepy better than anyone on this series. Before I jump into my review of this episode I just want to give a STANDING OVATION to Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson for their superb casting of science fiction and fantasy stars for the last two seasons.

Okay... on to how stupid Elena was this episode... I don't know how many times Elena has to decide to do things on her own, and get in trouble before she learns NOT TO DO IT? She is the most idiotic and stubborn person I have ever watched on a television show and I love Alaric so much for pointing it out. She's right, Damon could have gotten bitten AGAIN because of her. It actually takes her LITERALLY looking in the face of death for her to run away from it and realize that she is only human.

I gave Damon Salvatore a standing ovation for throwing her into the river. By far, the best Delena scene ever to grace my television. In all honesty, I understand Elena's yearning to find and help Stefan, but she is also too stupid to truly understand how dangerous that will be. And, I have a feeling that it's going to get someone killed this season. It just better not be one of my favorite characters.

I was surprised that Mrs. Lockwood had no idea about the Lockwood family secret. Although I think we can assume at this point that Mayor Lockwood never killed anyone to turn, I can't imagine it being much of a secret to him since he was in possession of the moonstone. Why would he tell his wife about the vampires but not the family secret? I have a feeling that there will be more Lockwood family flashbacks this season. Maybe even more story for Katherine.

However, I still believe that there is something special about the Lockwood bloodline. Some of us have been talking about it since last season. That maybe, the Lockwoods are the most current descendants of Klaus's family. Either way, I think we are eventually going to find out that Klaus is going to need Tyler for his hybrid army.

Which leads me into why didn't his plan work? Why did all the wolves die? Most of us assumed that Elijah was the brains behind the hybrid plan. Did he lie, make it up, or also actually think the information was true? Either way, I'm pretty sure that Klaus is going to have some words with his darling brother.

For the next few months, I will be filling in as a fellow recaper and theorist on the Salvatore Council Podcast with my fellow TVD fans Simone and Jason as we recap, review and come up with our very own crazy theories for the upcoming season.

You can find all of those at www.salvatorecouncil.podbean.com

Trust me, if you listen you guys shall be entertained!

No comments:

Post a Comment