Sunday, October 2, 2011

Someone Needs To Get Hit By A Bus.

I have been known to watch a few shows here and there on MTV, like The Hills and The City. MTV sometimes have these really great shows that the media picks up on and makes it huge. However I’m wondering why Awkward hasn't made it into the ranks like Jersey Shore has (I hate Jersey Shore with a mad burning passion) because Awkward is Fantastic and definitely should get more press than it has. (Or maybe it has and I just haven’t noticed?)

Anyways this past summer I instantly fell in love with the show Awkward. It’s a typical yet somewhat realistic look on high school. Some things are a bit more dramatic. But it’s super cute and adorable and every time I watch an episode I fall in love with Jenna and can easily relate when she has a horrible day. She has to put up with a mean girl named Sadie, (who needs to get hit by a bus and die like yesterday. That’s probably really mean, but the girl totally deserves it) and two boys (Matty and Jake) who don’t realize that they are both fighting for the attention of the same girl. Jenna also has had  to deal with the stigma of her accidental almost suicide and has been trying to make people see her as more than just that girl who tried to kill herself, even though she hadn’t been trying to kill herself in the first place. It was a complete accident after reading a very demoralizing and reducing self-esteem carefrontation later that she had received the day she got back from summer camp.

All season long we’ve been trying to figure out who wrote the said letter and in the last couple minutes of the season finale it looks like it might have been her own mother.

I can’t even fathom how a mother could even write such a horrible letter to their daughter telling them they are boring and that no one would even miss them if they disappeared.  How cruel is that? If Jenna’s mom had written the letter and Jenna had actually died from her accident, wouldn’t she be in some deep bat shit quilt over the fact that she practically just made her daughter kill herself? I sure as hell would be, but then again I would never ever write a letter like that to my own daughter.

There’s a part of me that’s hoping that maybe her mother didn’t write the letter, but from the looks of it, all signs are pointing right at Jenna’s mom. Let’s pray she didn’t, because if she did I just want to kill her (Probably by hitting her with a bus.)

No comments:

Post a Comment