Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sons of Anarchy 4.07 "Fruit for the Crows" reactions


I'm telling you right now, that if you watch this show and have not watched this episode yet, close this window and don't come back until you watch it, because I am going to spoil maybe the best episode of the whole series so far.

And we thought last week's episode was shocking.

Honestly I didn't even care about anything else that happened in this episode. I think Tara needs to grow a pair and realize exactly what kind of life she is going to be marrying into.

Let's move on with the couple things that I do what to talk about. The tension between all the Sons has been high since the beginning of this season. We all knew it was all going to explode eventually. And with Bobby calling a challenge on Clay's leadership of the Club, it's just getting started. I seriously gasped and screamed at my television. Bobby was the last person I ever expected to hear that from. He was supposed to be Clay's biggest supporter. But since they became drug runners, their friendship has been strained.

Obviously, I'm perfectly happy with this. Clay is seriously being the biggest douchebag in the world this season. Now I can't help but thinking how this vote is going to turn out.

But let's get to what this episode is REALLY about. I have been THRILLED that Juice is finally getting a main storyline this season, having been one of my favorite characters since the beginning. However, I have also said since episode one this season, that if this gets him killed, I am done watching this show. My threat almost came through tonight.

Theo Rossi (Juice) really shined in this episode. First, I loved the episode opener. Juice kneeling at Miles unmarked grave, praying. All the praise to Kurt Sutter for all the fantastic Juice moments he gave us in this episode. I was literally pleading with my television for Juice not to listen to Eli. The one thing I have to say is that I am really starting to like Eli. There is nothing he can do. He already tried to get Juice off the hook, but with the DA breathing down his neck, he has to do what he's told. The more episodes we see, the more I am convinced that Eli is going to do something to help the Sons, or at least Juice, by the end of this season.

When the DA tries to turn Juice into a rat on the Club, it hits Juice hard. Which leads into the heart wrenching scene where Clay gives him the "Men of Mayhem" patch. I was just in so much pain for him it's indescribable. Here he is, forced to be a snitch, and he has just earned that patch. I can't imagine the pain he is in having to choose between his life and the love he has for the Club. We then come to the final scene. In the dark, beneath the same tree this episode started, Juice is sewing the patch onto his cut. Then, puts it on to hang himself.

You guys have no idea how much I wish I had video of my reaction to this scene. Part of me knew what he was going to do, and the other really hoped I was wrong. After all, what other choice did he have. There's no way he can rat on the Club, and he obviously doesn't want to go back to prison. And he definitely doesn't want the Club to find out the truth, especially after Clay gave him the patch. So, he goes with the only option he has, killing himself before the Sons can find out the truth. Not only that, but he hangs himself over Miles' unmarked grave. He is dying for his sins.

When he put that chain around his neck I stood from my chair and started sobbing instantly, screaming at my television. It was legitimately and physically painful to watch that scene. In fact, I was crying so much that I didn't hear the branch breaking and the thud of him falling to the ground with the Sons logo came on the screen. I had to go back and watch it again when I read a post on Tumblr saying that Juice wasn't dead.

Although he is still alive, I am still keeping my promise. If Juice dies, I am done with this show. In the meantime, ALL THE AWARDS TO THEO ROSSI FOR THIS EPISODE. ALL OF THEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment